Friday, March 30, 2007

Do I really need a kitchen?

Because, kitchen remodeling is apparently not for the lazy. It's been a pretty hectic couple of weeks and I've made very little kitchen progress. here are some pictures I took two weeks ago to show what the mostly demolished kitchen looks like....


Taking down the wallpaper has just about killed me. I think the PO (previous owner) used gorilla glue to put it up. Removing the paper left this yellow haze of glue on the walls that only comes off using scouring pads and a whole lot of elbow grease. I think I finally have the majority of it off though and I hope to paint this weekend.

Also on the agenda for the weekend is removal of the light. I don't have a picture of it but it's one of those industrial light box things. it's hideous and dirty and gross. I'm a bit terrified of what may be underneath it. I'm scared I'm going to take it down and discover a huge hole in my ceiling.

Okay, so what's the final product going to look like? Well, here's the plan:


And here's all the bits and pieces...

The cabinets:

Backsplash behind the stove:

Countertops:



Floors:



shelving above stove:


And this is what happens when you ignore the dog because you are busy in the kitchen...check out his belly, he had a so much fun!

2 Comments:

At 2:53 AM, Blogger jane said...

I am all admiration - you won't know yourself once you've got your kitchen the way you want it. Those stainless steel shelves are brilliant - I can give you hints if you are pushing them into tile. (Because we did it once, so I'm, like, an expert ;))

 
At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! I have a kitchen floor similar to the one you picked, and it is the best. Don't you just love Ikea?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home