Sunday, April 08, 2007

I'm multitalented...

So, in the middle of the kitchen work i decided i needed a new porch light. Found one i liked on sale and installed it last weekend. doesn't it look pretty?


I also made some kitchen progress. I finished moving around electrical. It may not look like much, but i needed electrical access higher on this wall for the future appliance garage. the wall is cinderblock so I had to run the wires using plugmold on the outside of the wall.

These two outlets were just moved. there used to be an outlet high on the wall and i dropped it ot the floor so the fridge can eventually be plugged in. The other outlet was just dropped by about 6" so that it would line up with the light switch on the same wall.


And finally, i took down the big flourescent light box. i was a bit scared of what i would find underneat, but the ceiling was in fine shape and the wires were even in a ceiling box!


This the light i will install, it is bendable so i can adust the angles:

I also primed the walls and then painted yesterday. Pictures of the painted kitchen to follow!

2 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Mari said...

I think you are my new hero.
At least we had a contractor to drive crazy.

I love the look you picked, very sleek and pretty.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger jane said...

We've got downlights like that in our kitchen and they are absolutely brilliant. I love that there's not a single workspace where you can't see what you're doing.

I love your front door!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home