Saturday, August 01, 2009

Oh the decisions????

I though I was done with decisions. I picked out floors, doors, countertops, paint colors, door pulls, a sink, a faucet, splash back tile, appliances...everything was decided!

Then Ikea came out with this:








I am in love. i am now obsessed with having those beautiful shiny grey doors on my base cabinets. the upper cabinets will stay birch, and i'd have birch accents on the bottom (mainly the exposed cabinet sides).






The problem is two fold...price, those gray doors cost twice as much as the birch and design, i'm worried that the grays wont' all match. i've ordered up a sample door to see if it goes with the floor, which is already installed and unchangeable at this point. I'm also settled on the backsplash and need to find something that works with it.





So, what's the problem? countertops. i had picked out gray countertops, but now i fear it will be too many different grays. so, I have four choices in front of me and i'm open to other suggestions...

The current options are:

A)
B)C)
D)

So, what would you do?

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the cabinets. Backsplash is fabulous. Flooring very cool. Counter...well, I'd be tempted to try other colors on the walls & ceiling before picking the countertop. The dark blue on the walls is beautiful but a little overwhelming. Maybe try repainting a section to see if the soft gray from the backsplash is better on the walls with a darker gray ceiling and inset hi-hat lights or the creamy brown from the 'splash on the walls with a lighter yellow-cream on the ceiling. Then pick up a rich color from the 'splash for the counters and maybe go wild with three colorful pendant lights

 

Post a Comment

<< Home